The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Cts????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93RS

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2011
Brandon, South_Dakota
So I have been struggling with my Laser for about the last month... It runs SUPER rich,cuts out under throttle and spits a little black smoke out the tailpipe when it cuts out. Did a BLT and got nothing.... Plug, wires and fuel filter are all pretty much new.... Through all the hours searching I believe it to be the coolant temp sensor any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is where datalogging becomes useful. You'd know for sure what info is going into the ECU. Without that test the sensor.

gotta get you a tuning device logger or something so you can diagnose the problem or at least help, if you are trouble shooting.

test the sensor.

X2.

attachment.php

Well, the setting should be on Kilohms, if you set it for just Ohms, it would be 900-1300 Ohms at 104*F. If you set it to the kilohms setting, then the values on the meter readout should fall between those in the chart I posted above.

If you have an analog meter available use that instead since it won't jump around.

I would assume the sensor to be bad though.

So I have gotten 2 different CTSs and they both have been wrong... Both have been the one with the plastic connector but the pigtail on the car is different then the sensors took.... I just got back from a short drive with the CTS unplugged and it ran pretty good. If the CTS for the ECU was unplugged would it not run like shit non stop? Not exactly sure that im working with the right sensor... It is the sensor with the the plastic connector right? Its not the one with the 2 blades almost like a T is it??

The one you are after is the one with the two blades, part number MD069879.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I will go pick one of those up tomorrow... Hopefully its the cure for my car. I checked the wires for the proper sensor when I was messing with the other one and they looked all good too. Thanks for the clarification! Ill update y'all tomorrow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back