The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Cruise Control Dead After ECU Swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointblank9957

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2012
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
I swapped a 99 GSX 4g63 ECU into my 98 Spyder GS 4g64 when i turbocharged it, and i just realized that the cruise control doesn't work anymore... The light on the switch comes on, but when i try to set a speed, the dash light won't come on. Is it possible the GSX ECU didn't have cruise? Or did something get jumbled up when i followed the rewiring guide for this swap? I might just remove all the components but its nice when i'm driving to Boostin' Performance for a tune LOL 5 hr drive.

maybe your cruise control module is bad now. did it work before the swap? maybe got unplugged? looks like you can get one off Ebay for $25 bet the you could get one for way less at a you pull it yard.

i would make sure its plugged in then disconnect the battery unplug check the connection posts reconnect it all and try it. if that doesn't work go under the hood and look at the cruise control it self make sure it is plugged in and the connection is good there too. if all that has been checked then replace the cruise control module and try that.

after trying all that report back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back