The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Cracked Exhaust Housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pecka

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2004
Valley City, North_Dakota
I have a cracked exhaust housing on my 14b that I just got. It is right below the outlet on the outside. Is it possible to weld it up to seal it off?

If it's on the outside you are going to have to get another exhaust housing. All of them start cracking from inside.

so it cant be welded? It wouldnt be possible for it to crack from shipping it would it? The guy I bought it from says thats what happened, but I am calling BS.

You can weld it but it's not gonna last more than a month probably.
Only way it can crack by shipping is if they super-cooled it and threw it from second floor.

You may get somebody to fix it but it won't guarantee you it will hold or another crack will show up.

It's almost impossible to fix cast-iron stuff.
Check with mitsubishigraveyard if they could sell you a nice exhaust housing.

before I go and look for a new exhaust housing I am going to see if I can get my money back from this ass, he told me there were no cracks

I will get some pics tonight when I am at home, I am very pissed now

I thought you asked about the exhaust side of your 14b. Why is everyone talking about exhaust manifolds? Anyways I wouldn't weld the 14b. You could get a blown 16g, and replace it with the housing off of that. They're even sold new at forced performance for example. If the crack isn't THAT bad. I'd use it as is.

For your information. I also recieved a 14b with a horrible exhause side. Cracks all over the flapper. My car didn't spool 15psi until 6k+

Yes, I am talking about the exhaust side of the 14b, and I got the turbo somewhat local, so I should be able to get my money back

fulanititoo8198 said:
I thought you asked about the exhaust side of your 14b. Why is everyone talking about exhaust manifolds? Anyways I wouldn't weld the 14b. You could get a blown 16g, and replace it with the housing off of that. They're even sold new at forced performance for example. If the crack isn't THAT bad. I'd use it as is.

For your information. I also recieved a 14b with a horrible exhause side. Cracks all over the flapper. My car didn't spool 15psi until 6k+

Who said anything about maifold?
I agree with you about getting a blown 16g and using the housing from it. :)

here are a couple of pics
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

SkyLineGtR-R34 said:
It's almost impossible to fix cast-iron stuff.
Check with mitsubishigraveyard if they could sell you a nice exhaust housing.

It's nice, I tell ya, to live only 20 minutes from Mitsubishi Graveyard! :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back