The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Couplers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse420ags

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Martinez, Georgia
Any one ever tried ebay couplers? Just wonderin there cheap but idk if there reliable.:hmm: Thanks for the input.

I'm using an eBay 2.75-2.5" 45 degree coupler for my tb. Feels good and pliable. I got it from ebay because siliconeintakes was out of stock. I'm also using eBay t-bolt clamps. Everything tested to 20psi no problems and eventually ill bump it up to 30

I'd go with ones SiliconeIntakes.com if you want cheap ones. The eBay couplers I got were alright, but the clamps at siliconeintakes are much better. And since I usually order clamps with couplers, I save on the shipping getting them from one place.

Its not so much "ebay" couplers. All you need is a decent ply silicon coupler. You want to stay away from the rubber ones as they swell, crack and dryrot in our hot engine bays. I feel that if it doesnt say silicon in the description, i wouldnt buy it.

I run the rubber reinforced coolant tubing from oreilly. It is like 18 bucks a foot which makes 4 good couplers. IT is a lot stronger than the silicone couplers and last's longer. You can also get all kinds of couplers from rockauto.com .

I suggest your local hardware store or home depot. They usually stock plenty of clamps for as low as 80cent each or even variety packs.

T-bolt clamps hold much better than worm clamps. There's a certain point where you have to make the switch.

Ok I was wonderin I saw a coupler 3 ply I think for 9 bucks compared to extreme psi's 20 somethin. Oh and just got some t bolt clamps off ebay 2.59 a piece so ill see how they work they look good.

If they have the gold colored bolt part, that will eventually rust. The band may be stainless, but the bolt part isn't. After breaking a few of those that came with a universal piping kit that I bought, I threw them all away and bought ones that are really fully stainless.

i run the ebay couplers and are holding fine at 20 psi. You just need to make sure that they are re-enforced. But as far as the t bolts go, i agree with everyone else they are much cheaper and break real easy. So you should be fine with just the couplers now that you have good clamps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back