The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Coolant temp gauge install question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeperhemi

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2012
White Plains, Maryland
Hey folks, just got a digital coolant temp gauge today. Was out in the garage making sure it powered up and had a thought/question. Can I tap into the factory temp sender on the thermostat housing and get a correct reading? The gauge came with a separate temp sender but not sure where to mount it... if I must use it. Ive seen the radiator hose adapters you can put the sensor in....but Im not sure if it would fit in the upper hose.(hose is so short, dont think there is enough length to squeeze an adapter in there). Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well as any photos if available of how you got your signal to the gauge. My apologies ahead of time if this was a dumb question. Thanks guys!!

No you can not use the factory sender. The best and cleanest install would be to remove the thermostat housing and tap the side of it for the new sender. The housing is thick enough.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back