The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Spyder Cold Air Or Ram Air Intake For The 4g64 (sypder Owners)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The first thing you need to do is purchase a 3g 4g64 intake system cold or short ram will work because it comes with the MAF sensor adapter. The second thing is to take the pipe and get it cut to the stock tubing length and you will also need to go to Lowes or Home Depo to get a 4" to 3" coupler which is in the plumbing section of the store and you will need an extra 3" to 3" coupler to attach the piping together (from MAF to the extension ONLY if you are running cold air intake). Now once you have gotten all your materials together you will need a 10mm ratchet and socket to remove the fuse box and the fuse box bracket, you have to choice of leaving the bracket off or reinstalling it without the stock tube that runs from the fender to air filter box. Now what I did was I reinstalled my bracket and still run the piping thru the first hole and then down the main which leads to wheel well and front of the bumper. You will need to purchase a bypass valve for the cold air set mainly if you will be driving in the rain it helps. Finally reinstall everything and do a test run. Now for ram air set-ups you will need to buy a ram air filter and go to Auto Zone, Advance Auto, and etc. to get the tube that attaches to the filter and it is adjustable too so it makes it easier to install it. You will need a duct to attach to end of it or you can leave as is it's up to you but however that duct adds support to it so find a good place for it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back