The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Clutch adjustment issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coup D E'Tat

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 22, 2002
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Newer master, slave (supposedly,) pivot ball, fork, TOB, and 2600. There is a washer underneath the pivot ball, but I can't remember how thick it was. System was bled properly.

With the clutch adjusted nicely, so that it grabs close to the floor, the car does not want to go into gear with the motor spinning. When I adjust it back out, it's fine, but it grabs too far off of the floor for my taste.

I don't remember it doing this at first, when I put the 2600 in. It seemed to start acting up maybe a few weeks ago, until I finally adjusted the clutch again.

Am I missing something simple here?

Adjust it so the clutch engages a couple inches off the floor. As you have found, if it's adjusted so it engages right off the floor it won't shift good. If the engagement point is too high the clutch might not grab with full power.

Got it fixed - transmission to block bolts came loose.

Doh!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back