The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Closing the front of a FMIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardB

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Rotherham, Europe
Im thinking about closing the front pumper off totally on my car and adding a couple of fans to the intercooler to keep the intake temps down. I only use it for drag racing.

What are peoples thoughts, would this work, anyone tried it?

I dont see why it wouldnt work, during a pull the hot air coming from the turbo is absorbed by the aluminum to cool the charge. The air passing over the intercooler then cools the intercooler back down close to ambient temperature. Meaning that the air passing over the intercooler does little to cool the charge. As long as the intercooler is not heat soaked before your run you should be fine.

The kiggly racing laser has his intercooler blocked. And he is a full second faster than you have been to date. I would think you can make it work. As stated, it is really more of a heat sink anyway and does not have ample enough to to cool off efficiently.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back