The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Clear cam gear case for 420a?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have never seen one. The 420a doesn't have a removable top half cover. You have to remove the whole outer cover. Most people just cut them right below the cam gears

I thought about making them for a while, but I don’t think you could get away with a simple vacuum form due to the curves and all the little features in it. Beyond that it gets more expensive to do and the market wouldn’t be very large to begin with. You would sell maybe 100... it wouldn’t be worth the investment into tooling and dies to do it unless you came across the dies from the OEM parts and got them for a song.

I think the best approach would be to cut the stock covers right below the gears and make a clear over that somewhat mates up to the stock one, but it's just the top half similar to a 4g63 cover

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back