The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Chrome Spray Paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelapse

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2004
savannah, Georgia
I did a search did not find a whole lot. Any good reviews on chrome spray paint?
I want to use it on a couple of plastic pieces, but if it sucks i dont want to waste my time or money. Anyone have an experience on this?

Anyone try putting a clear coat on top of it to dry? Or maybe putting in under a heat lamp?

-Dallas J

I did it on my front emblem. It looks chrome for awhile but if you're impatient like me, good luck. I kept touching it and it was never dry (after about 10 mins). It was really chromey though, but then I clearcoated it and it looked more silver and lost its luster.

do a search for Spaz Stix paint for airbrushes, or Alclad. they both have Really good Crome Paint. I believe that Alclad has it in an aerosol as well as the normal airbrush only. You have to put a base of Gloss Black first though. I have used both types with Great results, as in the Chrome looked like a Mirror.

Mike :laser:

I think the chrome spray paint is horrible. You can easilly tell it's not chrome and there are way better silverish metalic paints out there. I can't think of a situation where I would ever use chrome spray paint.

A friend of mine decided to try some of this chrome spray paint on some plastic pieces (non-automotive), and I was actually very surprised by the results. The paint that he used turned out absolutely amazing and from about 5 feet back, you would have sworn it really was chrome (if you didn't know what it was to begin with). Anyways, he didn't clear coat it, and I definitely understand what some of you have been saying about it never drying, it did take forever, but after about a week and a half it seems to be ok. Probably for good results, you would have to primer, paint, wait about a week or more and then clearcoat. I'll try to get the name of the brand that he used if anyone wants to try it. I know he picked it up at Canadian Tire, which I'm sure the majority of you (in the U.S.) do not have access to, but it should be available elsewhere.

i got a can of it to use on some of my models. i then got bored and used it on my guage bezel in my tbird and it turned out great. the piece was already textured to thats why its kinda sandy looking, but its shiney as hell.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i also did the pickguard on my guitar too, but after a while the shiney chrome flakes off and youre left with a dull silver. so if youre gonna chrome anything with this stuff, makke sure you either dont touch it or make sure its dry and put alot of clear over it.

LOL but it looked dam good after i had black leather interior and had the car painted black and the rims dipped in chrome. too bad it was still slow as fvck(tbird 4.6 is the suck compared to mustang 4.6) and had a automatic or i would still pimp it.

The most reflective "chrome-like" paint that I have used was by, I think, plasticoat and it was a high temp engine paint. I will have to get the specifics tomorrow at work but we use it a great deal inside tailight and blinker bezels where the reflective surface was ruined. The stuff really works well and I have never had a problem with it drying.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back