The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Paint Spray Outfits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eff3ct

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2009
Seattle, Washington
Anyone have an opinion on the best sprayers? I want to paint my white bumper match blue today, and while I can get a matching color in Duplicor, Rattlecans just don't spray evenly for me.

I figured I'd run up to Sears and see what they have, but thought I'd first ask opinions and for some first hand advice. Best way to get all the curves and little insides even?

Shops want 600 bucks just to do it, and that isn't an option. I hate driving around multi colored.
So I figured Aircraft Stripper, Sanding, a black primer? Or Dark grey?
And I'll head to Wesco for some matching paint I guess.

Thanks for any Sprayer suggestions or other painting tips.:thumb:

I couldnt tell you what spray to use, but Sand off all the old paint. Before you prime, make sure the area is absolutely clean and smooth. I would use dark gray primer, let it dry, then apply your paint.

With the right prep work you can use just about any type of spray gun and get a decent job. Just put a couple coats (giving plenty of dry time in between) on and if you get some sags you have plenty of paint on it to wet sand smooth. When it comes to putting the clear on same thing goes. A couple coats, wet sand out any imperfections, buff it shiny and you should be good to go.

I painting my whole car with Dupri or what ever its called and it is looking great im doing 1 side at a time, i even painted my skirts a different color i will show before and after im done if you want. It takes time. And again my car is white so its easy for the color to match.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back