The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

check this engine swap out!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaypwshs

does anybody have anymore info on this.....OMG

looks awsome

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i think it is a six cylinder :confused:

if they did do that that is freakin crazy, it looks like it is hard as hell to photoshop engines, but i guess it can be done....

i used to have a picture of a viper engine in an integra.......

but i have also seen a viper engine in a jeep wrangler.....
go to www.engineswaps.com for that one

that swap is very possible, just not plausible. It would be a waste of time and money imo. If you were going the NA route it might be benificial if cost were no object. You could put the V6 and its manual tranny from the 3G in our cars

MY neighbor where i use to live put a older corvette engine in a jeep OMG damn that #@%#@%#@%#@% was LOUD!

That is a 95-00 Dodge Avenger/Chrysler Sebring 2.5 mitsu V6. 163hp. Definately a photochop because is would be a worthless swap, the 420a and 4g63 are easier to mod.

Originally posted by 98TsiAWD
That is a 95-00 Dodge Avenger/Chrysler Sebring 2.5 mitsu V6. 163hp. Definately a photochop because is would be a worthless swap, the 420a and 4g63 are easier to mod.

Notice where the battery is, just like an avenger not like the 4g63's.

Could be an avenger with an eclipse front too, you can take eclipse fenders, hood, front bumer, and headlights and they bolt right up to an avenger if you move the radiator support back 2".

if i remember right this car was for sale on ebay. apparently it was some sort of odd drivetrain exoeriment. i believe there were a few made. but less than 10 probably.

A few years back when I was into 4wheeling. I read about a few people who put viper engines in Wranglers. With enough money and time, anything is possible.

Notice where the battery is, just like an avenger not like the 4g63's.

That is where the battery goes on all the 420A eclipses since our engines intakes are on the opposite side of yours.

I saw the car while it was up on ebay and it is definitely a 2G eclipse that has the avenger V6 in it

Originally posted by 1TuffRS

That is where the battery goes on all the 420A eclipses since our engines intakes are on the opposite side of yours.

I saw the car while it was up on ebay and it is definitely a 2G eclipse that has the avenger V6 in it

so it is a real swap, what a waste:laugh:

That swap is REAL, go sit in an Avenger or a Sebring, notice that the interior is IDENTICLE to or 2G Eclipse/Talon. That is because it IS a 2G Eclipse/Talon, same body and every thing, just different plastic, and a weak ass V6 engine in place. The 3G eclipse ARE THE SAME CAR AS the new Sebring, just look.

But yes, what a pointless swap if not for originality. Maybe a future TT?

That integra w/ viper motor is unreal! Crazy fast no doubt, but doesn't a motor such as the viper's throw off the entire car's wait distrution, handling, etc? I mean, I would think it is to the point that one would have to fab up a special suspension?

Let's not even get started on the whole tranny thing....

Yikes!

Dude thats not a real Viper/Integra. Its computerized to look it with Photo Shop.

On the other hand I was considering a V6-TT into my Laser. After alot of research, I found it was to costly and very ineffeicent. They tight fit, leave little room for upgrades.

That V6 isn't out the 3G eclipse though, I was thinking more of a 3000GT or Stealth.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back