The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Charge warning light question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdc1221

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 16, 2012
Jackson, Georgia
Is there a fuse or anything that can cause the warning light NOT to come on? It doesnt come on with the ignition switch, and is keeping my brand new saturn alternator from charging. I searched and found one thread talking about the wire on top off the ps pump keeping it from working, but mine is hooked up and working. Any ideas?

Is there a fuse or anything that can cause the warning light NOT to come on? It doesnt come on with the ignition switch, and is keeping my brand new saturn alternator from charging. I searched and found one thread talking about the wire on top off the ps pump keeping it from working, but mine is hooked up and working. Any ideas?

From my understanding of the battery light, if the bulb is burnt out then it will not complete the circuit for the alternator. Sounds weird but, that circuit for the battery "light" fails then no charge from the alternator. So, either the indicator light is blown or the wiring for the alternator circuit is not correctly installed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back