The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Charge light cam on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSTurbo1

10+ Year Contributor
May 2, 2012
Pickens, SC, South_Carolina
Ok guys my charge light came on, went to go get my battery tested out. Turns out I had a bad cell but the battery was 100% tested. I bought a new battery and put it in but the charge light did not cut off. Should I be concerned? Its been driving fine.

Should you be concerned, well the short answer is "yes" because you will need to verify that the alternator has at least 13.7 to 14.1 volts output with all accessories off and engine at idle. That battery light indicates that the voltage regulator has encountered a problem and the battery may not be getting the entire full charge that it needs. You had a bad cell in that last battery and I suspect that it may have caused some damage to the voltage regulator circuit, thus that is why the charge light is still illuminated. It is either a bad voltage regulator, faulty connector or connector pins not making good contact to flow the current thru the wiring. Some have mentioned leaky e.c.u capacitors, possibly a faulty e.c.u will certainly cause as problem such as this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back