The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Carolina DSM, What happened.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy(spinz4) from Hawaii PM'd me and offered us a section on his forum if we'd like, and also hosting of a domain I believe, if there is enough interest. If you guys want to PM me or jump on dsmftw.com and register/post something, we can figure something out. Thanks to spinz4 for coming to the aid of CaDSM, we appreciate it, we'll work something out.

It truly sucks that CADSM is gone. I really enjoyed being a member there. I'm a moderator on http://www.racethis.com/forum/, we're a semi-local forum for the area (NE TN, VA, SC, NC, KY). If the rest of you that were members of CADSM want me to, I'll get a section opened just for us. It's not a DSM-specific forum, but there's a lot of good tech info and little BS there.

Oh well, I am here too. CADSM is now a large technical and social resource for the Carolinas. It is going to have to move from the 'its my ball and I will take it home with me and the game is over if you do not play by my rules' managing of years past. The board should come under some of the senior members and be directed in a manner that keeps the board active for all. If needed, funds could be raised to support the board and MANY members be involved in ensuring that it continues to grow.

Oh well, I am here too. CADSM is now a large technical and social resource for the Carolinas. It is going to have to move from the 'its my ball and I will take it home with me and the game is over if you do not play by my rules' managing of years past. The board should come under some of the senior members and be directed in a manner that keeps the board active for all. If needed, funds could be raised to support the board and MANY members be involved in ensuring that it continues to grow.

your right ....it should not have been taken down ......And that was not the intent of the ones with the complaints on the owner of CDSM ....it was to make more people aware of what is happening so no one else has this happen to them by him enough people are already having to pay for it and are already out of their hard earned money

I would like to see it back up again for the sake of other's and to help it grow and to keep the scammers gone for good becuase we do base our selves on how other's are treated in the community
:thumb:

Someone needs to convince alan to hand over the rights to someone else, at least that way, the tech stuff is saved!

Although I do agree w/ TSI Monster ,and let me state I have never had any bad feelings tward Al, I don't belive this scenero will happen . I belive we may just have to face the cold hard facts that CADSM was/ Is his and he does have every right to do what he wants to with it . Yes the info maybe gone , but it is nothing "WE" can't rebuild. After all "WE" as a group posted all the info and it can be done again .
There may never be a "Carolinadsm.com " again but there are other extensions to be bought and built .

Well i'm liking this direction of thought on the matter. I think we have a solid enough group of veteran members to manage it just fine.

carolinadsmers.com is an available domain :p

I'll be happy to offer any assistance needed for this 'rebuild'. hehe another broke DSM. It would be super cool to get that data transfered

Well i'm liking this direction of thought on the matter. I think we have a solid enough group of veteran members to manage it just fine.

I'll be happy to offer any assistance needed for this 'rebuild'. hehe another broke DSM. It would be super cool to get that data transfered

Todd good to see you here . I don't want to burst any bubbles or surprises but like I said before there is something in the works and a possible domain has been bought . More news later please stay informed to this station .

I agree. I'm about as big of a nerd as anyone will ever find, I'll offer whatever services are needed hahaha.

Give back my Carolina...DSM!!:cry:

Hello everyone!

What's up Doug! Nice meeting you at the dyno.

like I said before there is something in the works and a possible domain has been bought . More news later please stay informed to this station .

Please keep us up to date...are you going to to post it in this thread with an update or do you plan on starting a new one to let eveyone know whats going on?

Thanks, I miss the local forum

Glad to have seen everyone this weekend that I did. It was a VERY fun and eventful weekend for me and now that I'm home... the entertainment hasn't stopped. I'm currently locked out of my place, sitting in my truck on the laptop hacking in to someone else's wireless network nearby!

135 whp and 126 torque for the little neon which isn't too bad for naturally aspirated and 132 Crank hp from the factory. After the dyno I helped Steve with some problems on his 3rd Gen and he found some additional problems after I left as well.

Then we all went to Chilis with Kambo(nate) and he ordered the most sissy foo foo drink I think I've ever seen anyone get in my life :confused: :confused: . This morning... Todd and I ran at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, South Carolina and I had blast. My first time driving on a road course (set up for autocross) and it was really cool. Car had more power since we dialed it in on the dyno and I put it to use. It was really cold so it took a while for the tires to heat up (if they did at all) but it was still fun.

CDSM... Long term I'm concerned about the future like everyone else. But I don't think it's all one person's fault. There seems to be this mind set of several members that it is there place to jump in to the middle of things that they have no part of and stir the pot. They don't add anything technically, they never show up to meets, and 80-90% of their posts tend to instigate a fight and the rest are attempts to do so only for the other person not to take the bate and get wrapped up in the b.s.

The forum shouldn't be about drama. If you've got a beef with someone take it up at the track, in court or if your really as bad as your e-thug posts sound then I imagine you'll go knock on their door. But no one else NEEDS to hear about everyone's dirty laundry. We were a car forum and it seems like every time we steered away from focusing on improving ourselves as enthusiasts was when the forum took a nose dive. There needs to be a zero tolerance policy for drama just like all the rest of the ADULT car club forums.

Carolinadsm.com as network of car enthusiasts and NOT the web address/founders/moderators/admins has grown well beyond the original bounderies it was created with. It's no longer something that can just disappear with the flip of a switch and everyone will just go find a new game to play. It doesn't take alot of money to keep a forum up and running when you've got as many members as CDSM. And when the members know the forum will be reliable they won't be hesitant to chip in a few extra bucks. The numerous posts we've made over the years will be very hard to replace, the chip burning, the inspection information, write-ups/pics of diff rebuilds... but the knowledge is ours and we're free to repost our experiences anywhere we want.

I was wondering what the heck happened?! I tried going to it to post some dyno numbers, but got nothing from the site. We had the same problems with DFWDSM.com, it kept getting shut down by the owner.

So, we started a new site!! As stated before, the information can always be typed in again, although annoying, it can be done. In the year that dallasdsm.org has been around we have grown to an insane size. Honestly, the people that run the site can either make it or break it. Our Mods are the elders, then there's me. We are very strict with the "drama" and BS.

Hopefully, something will get sorted out, I know what it is like not having a local board.

-Luke

Hey guys since the site was taken down I've been busy learning php etc and would like to announce the Creation of http://www.Carolinadsm.net I could use some help with the layout as this is my first forum and I would like some feedback from members. It's up and running and you can go ahead and register your nicks. It's fast too ;)

That seems to be a very good idea. Zero Tolerance for Drama. If someone can't deal with things in person then they shouldn't have a public forum to be an E-Thug. I think this was a big shortfall of CDSM.com that turned off new members and distanced older, more mature members as well.

Hey guys since the site was taken down I've been busy learning php etc and would like to announce the Creation of http://www.Carolinadsm.net I could use some help with the layout as this is my first forum and I would like some feedback from members. It's up and running and you can go ahead and register your nicks. It's fast too ;)

sweet, nice job! I'll help as much as I can on it. My web design skills are kinda weak, but I can certainly run a server. (I'm a network admin currently)

Anyway, great job, I just registered!!

Alan has been emailed with an "intent to purchase" email...doubt it'll work, but it is worth a shot with some of the tech we've lost.

Forums are online and usable.

Thanks.

Hey guys, this brings up a point I've often wondered about - with all of the concern about lost tech, you wouldn't even think about CarolinaDSM being a regional site. It sounds as if it's more of a general tech site than a regional site where locals can connect and learn about the area more than DSMs... is (or was) that the case?

I know that members of regional sites end up asking for the same sections as sites like ours so they can just stay in one place and talk tech with people in their region, but at what point does a regional site become more of a tech site and less of a regional site? I see a lot of regional DSM sites that are structured similar to ours and don't have much in the way of actual regional resources. Hell, if you look in our regional sections I actually have built a list of tracks, dyno facilities, and local race clubs for each region.

Why even title the site using a region-specific domain name if it's just going to be structured like another general tech site? That's one of the reasons I stopped linking off to regional DSM sites, as they weren't providing much in terms of regional resources as they were a general tech site with all of the same tech forums as we have here. I think you should go to a regional site to learn about the region, local classifieds, and to find out about local events. You should go to a tech site for tech. Isn't that logical or am I off my rocker again? Why is it most regional sites focus on tech and not local event organization?

Take a look at this new carolinadsm.net site linked above - out of its 13 forums only one has anything to do with being regional (the Events forum). Other than that it's the same basic structure we have here. It's being structured as a tech site, not a regional site. Why name it as such?

Hey guys, this brings up a point I've often wondered about - with all of the concern about lost tech, you wouldn't even think about CarolinaDSM being a regional site. It sounds as if it's more of a general tech site than a regional site where locals can connect and learn about the area more than DSMs... is (or was) that the case?

I know that members of regional sites end up asking for the same sections as sites like ours so they can just stay in one place and talk tech with people in their region, but at what point does a regional site become more of a tech site and less of a regional site? I see a lot of regional DSM sites that are structured similar to ours and don't have much in the way of actual regional resources. Hell, if you look in our regional sections I actually have built a list of tracks, dyno facilities, and local race clubs for each region.

Why even title the site using a region-specific domain name if it's just going to be structured like another general tech site? That's one of the reasons I stopped linking off to regional DSM sites, as they weren't providing much in terms of regional resources as they were a general tech site with all of the same tech forums as we have here. I think you should go to a regional site to learn about the region, local classifieds, and to find out about local events. You should go to a tech site for tech. Isn't that logical or am I off my rocker again? Why is it most regional sites focus on tech and not local event organization?

Take a look at this new carolinadsm.net site linked above - out of its 13 forums only one has anything to do with being regional (the Events forum). Other than that it's the same basic structure we have here. It's being structured as a tech site, not a regional site. Why name it as such?

I'm just trying to give the local dsm crowd a place to get together on the net without the BS that has been going on in the past. The actual layout of the site is loosely based on other forums but it can be changed and I am open to all members suggestions and ideas :thumb: . The forum is for everyone and it's not just up to me as to what forums are created thats why I asked for feedback on what the people want .

Honestly Chris, as much as the tech being good, the people are good. We (not so much me anymore, but there are folks that'll be on my speed dial forever from that site) do all sorts of meets, impromptu meets, and just going out to dinner with friends as well as the DSM associated activities.

It is very much regionally based, but we always pride ourselves on having a few folks who really, REALLY know their stuff that are always wiling to help out, even if it means a long drive, or working for food. ;)

I didn't mean my words as an attack on you. Sorry if it sounded like that. Just bringing up the question about regional sites not really being regional resources these days.

Like Lando as already stated, there were a few guys on CaDSM who really know their stuff and made some great posts. Those are mainly what I am referring to as "lost tech". Or someone had a problem that took forever to solve, but was well documented on the forum. Don't get me wrong, as Lando also already stated, we had a ton of mini-meets, and the recent big meet was great. It was and will continue to be very much a local forum.

When I come here, I ask questions to get answers, at CaDSM, I asked questions to get help from the local guys! the people who could come bail me out if I got stranded, or needed help at the track.. .ya know?

I understand your posts though, thats for sure. The problem with CaDSM was all of the drama that seemed to especially revolve around the owner :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back