The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Carolina DSM, What happened.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChltDSM

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2003
Charlotte, North_Carolina
Fine, Please do not delete my thread .

I've been an active member of Carolina DSM http://www.carolinadsm.com for 6 years. I used to be active allot here but liked that little corner of the internet b/c it was a great group of NC locals. Mostly fast cars, no rice. The site is down and no-body knows whats going on.

As of late, What I know is this There was some bickering about parts not getting installed/ delivered/payed for/ returned by non other than the owner/webmaster himself. He got called out by the people he stiffed and now the board is gone. Does anyone here have any information? I hope whoever is ultimately responsible will get the site back up for the good of the rest of the community. If your reading this Al, Please understand that their is a much larger community than that of you and your cronies that love that site and need it to stay in touch, not to mention the years of technical information that everybody benefits from
Do the Right Thing Al!

Todd Phillips
SM 610
1995 GST 5031RE
1993 GSX E3B16G

I was active here @ DSMtuners under username 'trctnless' in 01-03.. I've just recently activated my ChtDSM account b/c it looks like this may be my new tramping grounds if the owners/admins @ CDSM can't get it together. Just hoping someone can shed some light on the status of www.carolinadsm.com I know several Wisemen and mods here were mods over there. Please do what you can to clear this up for the good of the NC DSM community.

Regards

Todd Phillips
SM 610

Sup todd. I'm sure CarolinaDSM will be back eventually. A certain someone was called out on the site, so he probably closed it down so that no one else can see it. You know how he likes to seem innocent and that its never his fault....

Sup todd. I'm sure CarolinaDSM will be back eventually. A certain someone was called out on the site, so he probably closed it down so that no one else can see it. You know how he likes to seem innocent and that its never his fault....

Would you mind expanding, I post are there some and I was off for a couple days...and then it was down, I had no idea till I saw a post on here about it

Well, basically one admin and another member who will remain nameless had made an agreement. As always, this admin was lazy on the agreement, and unresponsive to the situation. (Ignoring phone calls, shrugging it off, not holding up his in) 2 of the members who were ripped off got the law involved, and thats basically all I know. You can PM me if you want names and such...

Fine, Please do not delete my thread .

I've been an active member of Carolina DSM http://www.carolinadsm.com for 6 years. I used to be active allot here but liked that little corner of the internet b/c it was a great group of NC locals. Mostly fast cars, no rice. The site is down and no-body knows whats going on.

As of late, What I know is this There was some bickering about parts not getting installed/ delivered/payed for/ returned by non other than the owner/webmaster himself. He got called out by the people he stiffed and now the board is gone. Does anyone here have any information? I hope whoever is ultimately responsible will get the site back up for the good of the rest of the community. If your reading this Al, Please understand that their is a much larger community than that of you and your cronies that love that site and need it to stay in touch, not to mention the years of technical information that everybody benefits from
Do the Right Thing Al!

Todd Phillips
SM 610
1995 GST 5031RE
1993 GSX E3B16G

I was active here @ DSMtuners under username 'trctnless' in 01-03.. I've just recently activated my ChtDSM account b/c it looks like this may be my new tramping grounds if the owners/admins @ CDSM can't get it together. Just hoping someone can shed some light on the status of www.carolinadsm.com I know several Wisemen and mods here were mods over there. Please do what you can to clear this up for the good of the NC DSM community.

Regards

Todd Phillips
SM 610
I'm not sure who Todd is speaking to but I can vouche for his previous account on here as well as his problems getting the old account re-activated. I too am having some problems from time to time with my account on here as far as email notifications go but am dealing with it because Ludachris said it's related to AOL blocking emails from the site.

As for CDSM, it's down, there's drama and if you're not directly involved in the ordeal feel free to stay out of it. DSMTuners is not another CDSM and doesn't need to have a flame section opened up just so you can carry on with high school theatrics because your usual venue is no longer available.

CDSM as a whole has grown beyond the small group that it was 5 years ago and I hope that the powers that be realize that. As you have pointed out Todd, there are alot of people that are NOT part of the drama and want our little corner of the internet for ourselves. Hopefully, something will happen shortly so that those of us NOT involved in the drama can get back to enjoying our local DSM scene.
Doug

1. I don't want to see any drama here from another board.
2. You should not have activated with another account. You need to continue to use the trctnless account. If you are having some issue with it PM so we can sort it out.

Well, basically one admin and another member who will remain nameless had made an agreement. As always, this admin was lazy on the agreement, and unresponsive to the situation. (Ignoring phone calls, shrugging it off, not holding up his in) 2 of the members who were ripped off got the law involved, and thats basically all I know. You can PM me if you want names and such...

Oh no, don't need to know the fine details, just wanted to know why it was shut down...but thanks for telling me...sometimes not knowing everything is a good thing...

I'll keep an eye here, John. The whole reason the board went down is people dragging shit out in public. We'll make sure it doesn't dirty the water here.

Doug, I'm an infrequent checker of this board and the notifications are spotty. Shoot me a message or call me if this goes down hill.

Punch and Pie!

There is probably only 2 people that know the real story, but thats between them. I know most and I will not drag it into here, as well as tell anybody that asks me because it is not my business.

Just have him turn the thing back on and delete what he sees fit. There is too much tech and general goodness to let go.:thumb:

On a different note, I'll be in Charlotte in the morning (8:30) at 3sx to dyno the neon. Matt @ 3sx said there were some other folks trying to set up appointments with him via cdsm prior to the forum going down and I was the only one that followed up with a call. So... if you are going to be in the area stop by OR give me a call and come hang out afterwards because I'll probably be out there after that with Wes, Greg and some of the other Charlotte folks to see what sort of trouble we can get in to.
Doug

Well guys I can be found over on the Imports NC forums. I'm a global moderator over there.

- Joe (JoeWalker4G63)

Holy smokes. I need my CADSM.:cry:

Greg sorry I didnt call ya back. Workin like a dog and gettin dads car back together. Ill call ya in a few hours after I take a little nap.

This whole deal doesn't surprise me one bit.

Hopefully this will just blow over.

-Scott (aka ScreaminE)

If this doesn't blow over, maybe someone can purchase a domain and I can most likely get it hosted for free. I'd already have bought one if I had the money.

Yep you hit it on the head ....I am not going to get into this on dsmtuners but if anyone want's info PM me I am more than happy to tell anyone :thumb:

convenient this post happened to be here. i logged on to pm or post and ask what happened to cadsm. been away a while due to work. a hearty hello to everyone i haven't caught up with in a while!

What's up guys? Never really realized how much CDSM meant to me until now. Glad to see some of you here as well though. CDSM always had it's fair share of drama but if you steer clear of that there are some awesome people there always willing to help out.

I'm with Spidey, if it doesn't come back maybe we can start another one....

A guy(spinz4) from Hawaii PM'd me and offered us a section on his forum if we'd like, and also hosting of a domain I believe, if there is enough interest. If you guys want to PM me or jump on dsmftw.com and register/post something, we can figure something out. Thanks to spinz4 for coming to the aid of CaDSM, we appreciate it, we'll work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back