The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Car randomly dying

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marchev

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2009
Niles, Illinois
Hey guys I have a problem I can't figure out. Today I barely made it to work. I just did a tsi conversion on my 90 NT, everything worked great the first two days of driving it. Today the car would shut off on me randomly (as if I turn the key off and right back on again) and I noticed the CEL would come on for a split second. It does it while driving and idling, I can hear a "click" from the ecu area just as it's dying and then it restarts and runs fine again. Any help would be appreciated.

Problem solved. So I thought it was an ignition problem because of how fast the car was turning off and back on, and that's where I started. I checked the ignition coil connector and harness and noticed it was soaked in gasoline! Followed the leak to the fuel return line coming from the fpr. The gasoline was shorting out the connector, so the car didn't have spark and threw a cel. I feel lucky it didn't catch fire...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back