The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

car racks

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sphinx0nine

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2003
Calgary, Alberta_Canada
So im looking for a car rack for my 91 gsx..
i got tired of having to put my surfboard inside and having it move everywhere while driving, let alone that know else can be in the car but me..... and the board.
Has anyone put a car rack that i should be aware off (brand)? any bad experiences with em?
im not looking to spend more than 100 bux for a rack.. no i think that leaves all the yakima stuff off..

I dont know but I would like one for bikes/snowboards so imma keep my eye on this thread.

Esibnitsud said:
I dont know but I would like one for bikes/snowboards so imma keep my eye on this thread.

I've got an older Saris bike rack that's similar to this

I like the fact that it's adjustable, so I can use it on my Talon and my Crown Victoria.

As for a surf board rack for under $100.... I can't think of any. You'd have to buy the bars and then the surfboard attachments. Saris's load bars are like $200, and the surfboard clip is like $40.

i believe these cars had a rack as an option, saw one on ebay once with one (stated from the dealer, never left the car). anyway good luck finding one

kyledykstra said:
I've got an older Saris bike rack that's similar to this

I like the fact that it's adjustable, so I can use it on my Talon and my Crown Victoria.

As for a surf board rack for under $100.... I can't think of any. You'd have to buy the bars and then the surfboard attachments. Saris's load bars are like $200, and the surfboard clip is like $40.

I dont feel safe putting thousands of dollars worth of bikes in a spot were any women can rearend me and ruin them.

Esibnitsud said:
I dont feel safe putting thousands of dollars worth of bikes in a spot were any women can rearend me and ruin them.

Don't diss the womens, most men can't drive as good as I talk.

Esibnitsud said:

I think they make ones that mount up on the hatch too then... I know a friend of mine has one of those for his Firebird, it's pretty nice. The front fork gets clamped down, the rear tire is strapped down, and then the front tire goes beneath the bike on the rack.

ok so i got this ca rack from ebay.
Brand was mondial, it wasnt made for my car but, i figured that if it fits a civic and integra and all those small compact cars it would fit mine.
It came with about 5 different brackets to attach to the car and safety keys.
So far i like it, it looks like two handle to pick up the car :laugh:

im posting some pics so you guys can give me some kinda of feedback. BTW. Im only planning on transporting a surfboard and/or small cargo (clothes). :cool: its supposed to hold 75lbs of weight. More than enough for me

sorry about the car being all greesy i just replaced my driver axle and im on the process of replacing my t-case, plus its been raining like hell here in SOCAL (San Joaquin Valley), so theres no point in washing it, yet.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back