The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

is it the duplicolor for 25 dollars a quart. The quality of the paint ( for me) was cheaply made. It came out very thick, had to put quite a bit of reducer to smooth things out.

Put some laquer thinner on a rag and wipe it off LOL. A hot mix will re-flow what you painted. I've never used it but its forgiving. Some old timers on autobody forum will be able to tell you how to do it.

is it the duplicolor for 25 dollars a quart. The quality of the paint ( for me) was cheaply made. It came out very thick, had to put quite a bit of reducer to smooth things out.

Yes it is, well mine is 22$ each. I wasn't looking for the professional paint because I couldn't afford it. I got a couple good reviews for it, so I went for it and I am glad I did because as you can see my first time painting and it didn't turn out perfect. I just need to know how to fix it without painting over it again or if there is another way.

Put some laquer thinner on a rag and wipe it off LOL. A hot mix will re-flow what you painted. I've never used it but its forgiving. Some old timers on autobody forum will be able to tell you how to do it.

Ok thanks a lot man, I have been wanting to talk to some painters my brother knows, but haven't had the chance. I will learn a little more on what you said and give it a try.

I get a bunch of people PMing me asking me the color code of my car. And I'm not to sure. I bought it like this. And this color gets all the attention out on the road. But I'm the only DSM this color in my town. So I'm known as the orange Eclipse. Hahah I like the color, but I would like to black it out.

i thought blending was only for clear? Never heard of anything for paint:confused:

It's laquer thats why, you can take paint chips, mix them with laquer thinner and respray it if you wanted. It's doesn't hold up as well as a modern paint system either. Good ole days of 10 coats that's shines like crazy when buffed out. Not as dangerous to spray as urethane also.

If it were me would spray a test panel and then thin some of the mix and see how much of a mist will make it flow out again. Otherwise you'd have to sand it again with 400 etc.

Ok problem solved, I just resprayed it, then put clear on and everything blended like a dream. The car is done... mostly. I uploaded some pics if you want to look in my gallery. Pics are not the best, but I was in a hurry ;)

EDIT: Hopefully I can find some before photos

Thank you everyone for your help,
Brian.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back