The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Car is doggy, jerks around, and has little power

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlacasse1

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2009
Scott AFB, Illinois
Ok boys, I have a question. Just recently I ran into this issue with my car.

About a week ago it started jerking back and forth real hard in 1st and 2nd gear right after I would leave a stop sign or light. It didn't do it all the time, it only did it maybe once out of every ten stops. Now the other night after helping my friend out with his car I was on my way home and i ran into a huge issue. I took off from a stop and it started jerking, only it did it much worse than it had before. Then it threw a CEL. Then all of the sudden it cleared up and ran perfect and the CEL went away. About a quarter of a mile later doing about 45 mph the car just lost some power. It still runs, but when I step on the gas it starts to shake quite a bit. It has good oil pressure (according to the stock gauge), it did not and does not overheat. It builds boost fine and I haven't found any type of boost leak.

So does anyone have any idea what my issue could be. The car is 100% stock except for the COP setup that has always worked fine.

So help please :pray: ............. And thanks in advance.

Ok I will check that. I was figuring it was some issue with some sensor but didn't know which one to start with.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back