The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Car dumping fuel through running extremely rich

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkymules

Probationary Member
Feb 26, 2005
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I bought a 92 talon with a few mods and it is running horribly rich.
650 injectors too much for my car i think cant get it to idle due to these problems.
I bought an afc wondering if that will help if i tune it correctly
Exhaust poors out raw fuel will run ok at higher rpms.
i will try new plugs clean air filter and misc easy things then try to tune it again wih afc

Fuel pump?

any aftermarket fuel pressure regulator?

is the vacuum line connected to the FPR?

stock MAF setup?

need more specifics, i'm doubting you're going to be able to just "tune it out" with the AFC.

i have a walbro 255 fuel pump
stock mas setup
i was thinking i would try to take out the mesh in the mas and replace 650s back to stock
clean the air filter too
fpr is stock also

Running without an AFPR on a 255 with big injectors is just asking to run rich. Get a fuel pressure regulator and then start tuning with the AFC, but without that you'll continue to dump fuel and possibly damage the engine in the long term (raw fuel washing down the cylinder walls).

Did you say you bought the car with 650's but it didn't have anything to control them with, and thats the reason you bought your afc? I hope someone didn't try running the car with bigger injectors and no tuning device...

it had an safc at one time but it was sold
the fpr is stock and has vacuum line hooked up
wat would bea good aftermarket fpr and any recomendations on how low to turn it down

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back