The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

P0101 - Running extremely rich!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth98es

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2003
Keokuk, Iowa
Mods list is in my profile. My car had been running perfect for the last few months so I decided to go on a road trip to see my family. I stopped 600miles into the trip at a friends house and everything since then was perfect. Did not overheat, foul any plugs, it ran smooth the whole way.

I pull into my friends driveway, shut the car off, talk to him for 5 minutes then go to start my car back up. It started up fine, but would not idle at all. I adjusted the BISS a bit and finally got it to idle, but it was running pig rich at idle, 11.1/2 on the wideband. I drove it and the car just fell on its face on any hint of throttle(like 40%+). If I eased into the throttle very slowly it would hit boost and pull fine to redline at WOT. Sometimes it would studder for a few seconds but it would always go into boost.

I replaced the plugs with NGK BPR6es plugs but didnt help as it was still running rich for some reason. I dont have my logger with me so I had the car scanned at Advanced Auto and it pulled up one code: "P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem". I unplugged the MAS and started the car and it ran about the same, gave it some gas and it started to misfire at 5k or so pretty badly.

I searched here for that particular code but didnt find anything. Im not sure if the guy scanned my car correctly as on the printout it said 2000 and up(My car is a 98) and General Motors for the vehicle type.

Im going to swap MAS with my friends tonight, but I really am at a lost as why or how it would do this with no hitn or reason.

2000 and up is still obd2, so it should still read the same if i remember correctly. As for teh general motors, no idea.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back