The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Running EXTREMELY Rich

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teflon

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2008
Blackwood, New_Jersey
Ok, I just went to the shop to check on my car. It is running EXTREMELY rich. I have a new E3 16G, 750cc Injectors, A 255LPH HP Fuel pump, And A1000 FPR, 272/264 cams, A FMIC, a Greddy RS BOV ,DSMLINK, And a AEM TRU-BOOST gauge. We fired it up and it was running so rich it wouldn't even stay running without being on the throttle. Now we don't have my boost gauge set for any boost yet (Don't know what default boost is..If there even is any) and my Dsmlink came for 750cc injectors. No boost leaks( That I know of) Any one know what could be causing this?

Yeah, recirculate to start with. Are you dialed in with the LINK? You should be able to tune that puppy like a son of a bi*** from what I hear. I know the stock BOV stay open a little at idle, so youd be leaking right there, but Im not familiar with the RS.

Back when i installed cams in my car, it wouldn't run when i first started it up. I had to go into dsmlink and play with the 50hz airflow slider to get the car to idle. Now I have a chip from Jeff (keydiver) and the car idles perfect at 850. Like stated before make sure the bov is recirculated first, then i would play with the 50hz see if that gets you anywhere.

Moving the 50hz slider will throw off your fuel trims though. That is assuming they are correct right now.

No, i switched from dsmlink to one of Jeffs chips. If you already have dsmlink and are not looking to switch to a different tuning tool, then i would just move the 50hz slider and see if that helps. Here is a link to Jeffs site Welcome!. Is your bov recirculated?

Like Pekkle and Snowbird said, recirculate it. Most likely this will fix your problem, if not then i would suggest playing with the 50hz slider.

forsure recirculate it unless u go with a maft or saft setup. but i wouldnt think it would make THAT much difference i would test your maf sensor. it might have took a crap on you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back