The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car dies when fan kicks on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuban11182

Probationary Member
Jun 28, 2005
Crystal Coast, North_Carolina
Ok this is driving me crazy :mad: :mad: . I recently was going to add a switch that allowed my fans to kick on whenever I wanted them too. I realized after I did it that it kicks on the A/C fan as well. I know that the IAC motor isn't working properly (one is on its way) but now whenever the car is sitting at idle and the fan kicks on it dies. As long as the fan is running the car will start up and die. I checked TPS, its fine. I recently removed all the vacuum lines according to taboospeedshop.com, I also flushed the radiator and removed the thermostat completly. The car doesn't overheat or anything. When the fan isn't running it runs like crap (do to the IAC) but when the fan kicks on it tries for a little bit then just dies not throwing any Codes either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

You just named several reasons why it might do this.
Put a thermostat back in, that will help the car warm up and maintain operating temps.
Replace the ISC, check for intake leaks, and correctly set the BISS.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back