The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

car died today

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theboss88

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 8, 2008
allentown, Pennsylvania
ok all i did was put new o rings on the injectors, change the plugs and wires
the car just misfires and pops. when you try to drive it it just dies
i got a it block away and then white smoke poured out from under the hood and exhaust and the car died
can start it up again but it just misfires and pops

yea i gapped them correctly
a mechanic is saying its the coil pack does this sound right that the car and would have a super rough idle and back fire and pop when i give it gas?
cause i pulled the plugs and they where already black and they been in the runing car for 5 mins

It sounds like a huge boost leak from the injectors, loosen up the rail and make sure the injectors are seating tight. To make sure its the injectors spray some break cleaner at them while the car is running,and if the car revs on its own then you have an injector leak. It does not sound like its your coil.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back