1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Can't reinsert automatic seat belts into motorized "holder"

Posted by XC92, Nov 25, 2020

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. XC92

XC92 Proven Member

Joined Jul 22, 2020
    Queens, New York
    I've got a '92 Talon with automatic motorized seat belts. Both belts have been out of their motorized "holders" (not sure what the technical term is for them) for several years. Now I'm trying to put them back in, and neither will fit. Is there something I need to do to make this work?

This used to be routine, for when I was putting stuff in the car and didn't want the belts in the way. Do they shrink over time? Weird. It's around 50 outside. Could the cold weather be the culprit, and will using a hot air gun loosen things up? I have to get the car inspected and this will definitely fail the test.

357  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. XC92

XC92 Proven Member

Joined Jul 22, 2020
    Queens, New York
    Ok never mind, user error. Not having driven the car in over 5 years, I forgot that unlike with most cars, there are 2 belts per side on the front, a lap and a shoulder. I was trying to insert the lap belt connector into the automatic shoulder receptacle! Problem solved. :thumb:

357  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    1990TSIAWDTALON likes this.
  3. Widgmaster

Widgmaster Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 24, 2018
    Sarnia, ON, Canada
    Hey... where all untitled to having a brain fart once in awhile...ROFL

191  12

1969 Volkswagen Electric Cart
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles