The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Cant get my 90 to start.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangan

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2002
Wichita, Kansas
Car 90 GSX

Hey guys I tried searching and found a bunch of threads and have triend a lot of things mentioned but I still got nothing.

A couple of months ago my mpi relay started clicking one night and the car would act like it was dying, the tach would jump all over the place, just your usual fun symptoms of a bad MPI relay/ECU. I tried starting it a few days later and got nothing.

I have since replaced the ECU, CAS, MPI relay, and PTU. I got into working on it again last night and got all those parts put on and I still cant get it to start.

The car is getting spark, and we pulled the fuel return line while cranking and it shoots gas so judging by that we're getting fuel. We have tried spinning the CAS 180 several times to see if that is the problem. All the fuses are good as well. And to rule out my new ecu being bad i've tried a couple other from friends cars. I've checked the firing order 10 times and it's correct.

I'm really at my wits end here and my daily driver is down right now too so I really need some help.

Cliff Notes.

New Ecu
New Mpi relay
New Cas
New Ptu
Gets Spark and Fuel
will crank forever but won't start

This shit is frustrating enough to make me wanna cry and punch the wall. Any help would be MUCH appreciated

kens right, first you need to see if you are getting gas through the injectors. here you go bro this is the ALLDATA for testing the injector electrical.

Attachments

• injectortesting.pdf
    166.5 KB · Views: 66
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back