The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Cam angle sensor?? Misfire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gstclipse69

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2006
Columbia, South_Carolina
Alright so i have a problem. My car runs fine during acceleration and low rpms. But when the rpm is held above 2200 or 2300 the motor starts shaking pretty bad and it will accelerate but very very slowly and immediately runs lean. But if i take it back out of gear, hold it in neutral for a second, then put it back into gear itll run fine. The code says p0300 random mutiple cylinder misfire detected. Ive already changed plugs like 3 times with ngk bpr7es, and have fairly new ignition cables. The thing i was wondering was if the cam angle sensor could be tripping for some reason? I know if it was bad it would do it all the time. But i have a 99 eclipse with a 1g 91 motor, so they had to modify the wiring some kind of way. Any help would be appreciated.

You're getting the P0300 Random Multiple Cylinder Misfire code because you have a 6-bolt swap.
This is a well known and documented phenomenon.

Do some searching for more information, but most people have success getting a black top (hall effect) CAS or just going straight to DSMLink and telling the ECU to stop looking for misfires all together.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back