The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Buffer Circuit to log wideband in DSMLINK

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbarnumboy

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2012
Everett, Washington
I have dsmlink V2 and i am trying to hookup my Innovate wideband for data logging. I hooked it up on my 1g through pin 15, being the exhaust temp sensor.

My wideband is running just fine with the gauge, but i cannot get it to show anything on the live dsmlink datalog. I assume i need a buffer circuit.

My question is this
Since i have the sensor and gauge already hooked up, can i just forget about the + and - wires that go to the sensor shown on the left of the picture below?
I already have power to the sensor and gauge, so can I just power the buffer from the ecu and hook my 0-5V line through the circuit now? In the end using all 3 wires on the right of the picture and the center wire on the left of the picture?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Since i used the exhaust gas temp pin, in the dsmlinks settings do I use the exhaust Gas Solenoid option to log? That is what i have it setup for currently and i am getting zero voltage readout.

It sucks i am still stuck to this newbie section. Oh well, such is life. Hopefully someone with knowledge can see this thread. Seems to be little info in regards to the actual wiring of this buffer. On top of that which pins do i get my power and ground from on the ecu?

Also since i will be wiring my own buffer up, i have a question. the bottom picture of this picture is the diagram for wiring this buffer. The outlined chip is the one i am using. Where pin 6 joins pin 2 before it goes out to pin#15 on the ecu, is that done in the chip our do i just splice the 6 pin of the chip into the wire coming from pin2 on the chip?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I found the answer finally. thank. this is my answer. Please let me know if this is an incorrect answer.

Right the WB power and ground are not connected to the buffer there totally separate. There is then a white wire coming from the 4 pin connection on the back of the UEGO, this white wire is the analog signal output. You connect it to the gray middle input wire on the buffer, and the yellow signal output to the EGRtemp input. Which I did, I then connected the 5V+ wire to pin 23 and the ground to pin 24. The other two wires on the input side go unused. There only used in a paticuler instance that does not apply to this application.

Last edited:
Your Wideband would show up if it's hooked up correctly without a buffer... . This should cover hooking it up or This That is if you have a Lc-1

This buffer stuff apply's to the AEM gauges mainly and you don't need to do any of this An FYI from Ecmlink about AEM gauges

The main problem comes when you get in the lower then 12:1 afr's it tends to flat line with the AEM gauges and not read right(not the only problem though) when logging to the Egr-t in put(pin 15)

I'm not sure if your using the V3 app but you should be... .

Watch this specifically the part from about 3:50 on... .

As far as hooking up the Buffer connect (not that you need to) only the signal wire to the input side of the buffer is needed from the wideband. You still must provide +5V and GND to the buffer circuit and you must then insulate any unused wires.

Great info, I think thats exactly what i needed to see. I have seen that video before and seem to have forgot about it.

I was clearly not in the right settings function when trying to log the wideband. Now i have the correct info to do so.

I hope mine works ok. I have innovates new gauge the MTX-L so we will see later today.

Thanks for the help

Ya, No Problem.

But, Keep in mind the Mtx-l wiring is a bit different... .

Attachments

• mtx-l.jpg
    mtx-l.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 149
yeah i know, thanks. it came with all of the wiring instructions. it's a brand new unit.

trying it out now. i will report back if it worked.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back