The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Brembo questions with wheel fitments

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoCanes777

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2010
Tamarac, Florida
I understand a 17x9 wheel with a +35 offset and 235-245 tire set up is popular among DSMers for RPF1s. My question is will evo brembos fit a 2g with a the 17x9 and does anyone have any info or pictures running 18x9s with a 30, 35, or 40 offset? I found a set of RPF1's in great condition but they are 18x9 +35 and not 17x9. Could there me more fitment issues with tires running the 18'' rims with a 1.5'' or 2.0'' drop on coils? The only issue i see running the 18'' rims are my tires choices could be more limited then running a 17''' setup.

Thoughts, questions, concerns, and anger over this thread for the 80th time are all welcome.

Fitment has more to do with spoke design. RPF1's spokes sit inward, regardless of offset. Only wheel spacers will make them fit over big brakes unless you get into the very low offsets. Look for wheels where the spokes are either flush or poke out passed the edge of the rim.

My 17x9 +35 Kosei's fit very well over my big brakes, with room to spare. My 18x9 OZ's did as well.

Anyone?? Really trying to figure out if the EVO 9 brembos will clear a 17x9 +35 offset or will I have to get the +45 and roll some fenders to fit tires.

Evo Brembos will clear SOME 17x9 +35 wheels, but not all, or many for that matter. As stated above it really depends on spoke design. Your definitely not going to fit a +45 without an outrageous spacer. Your going the opposite way trying to calculate offset, you need a lower offset(+22, +20, +15, etc. The problem with that on a stock body 2g is that when you go to the lower offsets it pokes the wheel out of the fender to much.

Not trying to sound like a jerk but when I upgraded to EVO Brembos and wanted to know what wheels cleared EVO brake rotors/calipers I searched for RPF1 fitment on an EVO forum. Every Evo has Brembos, so EVERYONE on an Evo forum knows what does/doesn't clear them. Hell, you could even use Tire Rack and plug your make/model in as a 2006 Evo IX and see if it recommends an RPF1 in 17x9 +35.

I know you have a DSM and I know others have done Evo Brembos on their DSM's but it's probably less than 1%. There might be two or three DSMer's that know for sure the answer to your question...

Just sayin'.

With all that being said, here's your answer ---> EvoM 17x9 RPF1 +35 Pics Included

EDITED.
They'll clear with a 20mm or larger spacer.

Not trying to sound like a jerk but when I upgraded to EVO Brembos and wanted to know what wheels cleared EVO brake rotors/calipers I searched for RPF1 fitment on an EVO forum. Every Evo has Brembos, so EVERYONE on an Evo forum knows what does/doesn't clear them. Hell, you could even use Tire Rack and plug your make/model in as a 2006 Evo IX and see if it recommends an RPF1 in 17x9 +35.

I know you have a DSM and I know others have done Evo Brembos on their DSM's but it's probably less than 1%. There might be two or three DSMer's that know for sure the answer to your question...

Just sayin'.

With all that being said, here's your answer ---> EvoM 17x9 RPF1 +35 Pics Included

They'll clear.

Unless I read that wrong, the OP in that thread bought spacers to use those wheels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back