The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1991 awd talon

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Rockford, Illinois
ok hope i dont tick anybody off. im replaceing my calipers on my 91 talon and i cant find any of them. ok i lie i found some at rock auto but thats the only place and i dont quite understand what they meen by loaded and unloaded. and ive not heard of these brands before. so if anyone knows anything about rock auto or any other places to get STOCK brake calipers preferably new that would be greatly greatly appreciated :) thanks

Autozone, advanced auto, etc should all have the calipers in stock. What they mean by loaded/unloaded is if they come with pads, shims, brackets, etc. Loaded obviously means that they are supplied with everything needed, unloaded is just calipers.

I would recommend switching to the big brakes from a 92.5+ since you are already needing calipers.

well i don't really want to go with big brakes because i want everything on the outside of the car to be stock. but the inside, that's where the fun will all go down.

and since you said it. i don't know much about brake systems since i am new the tuner/aftermarket crowd. what does 92.5+ mean?

well i don't really want to go with big brakes because i want everything on the outside of the car to be stock. but the inside, that's where the fun will all go down.

and since you said it. i don't know much about brake systems since i am new the tuner/aftermarket crowd. what does 92.5+ mean?

Year model 1992 and one-half up. Why wouldn't you want to go with big brakes (aka two piston calipers)? They are stock on the 1GB talons/eclipses that are awd. The big brakes will allow you to have a better braking distribution and better stopping distance, they will also cost almost the same as the single piston calipers your vehicle will already have ($20 more for both).

i mean i guess i could but then i cant say "stock" i gotta say "yeah stock with the big brake upgrade". because like you just said there stock on 1GB not 1GA. i just want it to be all stock. its my first car. and i wanna baby her and not do all this aftermarket upgrading to a car that doesn't need it, when ive got a p.o.s. on its last leg that i can drop a 4g63 motor in and do all the upgrading to.

and i'm not too worried about stopping i'm not gonna be racing around in it. so why would i need better stopping performance if i'm not braking hard?

So you want to be able to say the car is stock, but above you say you want the car to be fun inside? Are you putting a waterpark inside the car? Or are you talking about mods for more power? There's a reason Mitsu decided to go with twin piston calipers and larger rotors, they are needed. I replaced my fathers 91 awd with single piston calipers to a 93 awd with dual pistion. He loves the brake response. He doesn't beat on the car but knows it makes sense to have better brakes, and says the car stops/slows quicker when some asshole pulls out in front of you. Since you're looking to change everything it would be a no brainer to upgrade "stock" parts. Then again, I'm probably just talking to a wall. And no need to be shopping on rockauto, you need to hit up the dealer for these parts to keep it, "stock" ;)

im talking about adding a concert inside.. and that does make sense. i understand the fact of having bigger calipers and bigger rotors helps you stop faster/safer. but i just want to know what the car feels like stock. having i was born in 91 the car was made in 91 ill never know what its like to drive the car brand new. if i just put all the stock parts on it ill know (not exactly but pretty close anyway (you get the idea)). ever since I've seen the 1g talons when i was young (at the time i only knew the name but that's all) I always loved the look of them. one my dream cars. so i just want it to be stock and know what she drove like brand new off the showroom. and i do intend on restoring her to that point :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back