The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

BOV or Compressor surge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have something going on Media Player, so I cant watch this vid. A BOV surging sounds like a chatter, studder, etc... It's common for almost any BOV to surge under a low to mid throttle release, but if its still doing it at a WOT release its usually from the valve screw being set too tight.

defrag010 - I know what you mean. I hear the sounds in the video too. It sounds alot like compressor surge, but I think it's just the BOV fluttering. I recently drove my buddies SRT4 and his did the same thing. It fluttered between every shift. I though something was wrong, but he said it always did that and it was normal...... I dont really understand it either, but I just though I'd share this.... :dsm:

I absolutely love the sound a car makes when the compressor is surging. Do they make a bov dat sounds like that?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back