The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bought a new clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srt4RacerDave

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2008
Strongsville, Ohio
I recently (today) bought a Fidanza 4.3 Ceramic clutch kit for my 1g. It is going to go with my fidanza lightweight flywheel that is already installed. I am having good help with this because I have never done a clutch before. Anything I should do/check while I am down there?

The kit comes with a new throwout bearing, I purchased a new insert for the flywheel, I have also purchased a new rear main seal.

Anything else I should check and/ or replace while I am doing this?

Are the clutch forks related to the clutch? Or will an OEM fork work with my new clutch kit?

Did some research and found out the answer. I see that the ACT 2600 have problems breaking the forks. Any one know if the Fidanza clutches have this problem? I'm short on cash currently but if this is a problem I will definately replace it.

Well, I doubt anything is related to the kind of clutch I'm putting in. Im just asking general things to replace or check while I'm doing this job.

A lot of people recommend replacing the clutch fork and pivot ball. Check yours for cracks and such, if you have an extra $60 go ahead and replace it, if not don't sweat it, but it may break eventually depending on how yours is.

once you pull the axles you will need to replace the axle seals. a friend of mine had one of the fidanza clutch kits and blew the pressure plate up with in 500 miles not even driving it hard but on the same note another buddy has the same setup and loves it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back