1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Boost gauge recommendations? (old electronic gauge died)

Posted by RipperXX, Oct 19, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. RipperXX

RipperXX Proven Member

Joined Feb 23, 2003
    Royston, Georgia
    So my old electronic autometer sport comp 30-0-30 boost gauge committed suicide, wiring and MAP are still good but the gauge is apparently dead as the MAP is transmitting a signal and it's reaching the plug to the gauge.

Going to try to log the MAP through the factory narrow band 02 sensor and simulate it via the wideband O2 sensor. So I don't feel it's the best use of my limited funds to invest in another electric gauge.

So what's the hives recommendation on a good but not over priced mechanical gauge? 30-0-30

Street Build 3K  10  9

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.476 @ 105.48 · 1G DSM
  2. Dhan

Dhan Supporting Member

Joined Apr 29, 2010
    Denver, Colorado
    I've had this Auto Meter gauge for about a hundred years now. It started its career in my Mazda 323 GTX, transferred to the cow car in my avatar, and now lives in my AWD Talon. Does its job well and was affordable. Surprised yours died.

I like this gauge cause the red lens it comes with that you put over the bulb is more orange, and it's an orange that matches the 1g gauge cluster almost perfectly. Makes it look almost stock. My Innovative wideband is a bright blue and is obnoxious as hell. I like a more stockish look though.

2K  4

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. tk106

tk106 Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have a one that sticks on the vacuum side that I’ll be replacing in a few days. Not too bad though. Works fine otherwise. $30 shipped if you’re interested. I can send a video of it tomorrow after autoX

143  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

151  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 2K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.625 @ 111.42 · 1G DSM
  4. RipperXX

RipperXX Proven Member

Joined Feb 23, 2003
    Royston, Georgia
    I as well, at the time the sport comp matched up with my AEM UEGO wide band pretty well.

Giving some consideration to an electronic / digital AEM unit since it's "only" $165... and a mechanical Autometer sport comp II is basically $100...

Mechanical gauges sure went up in price....I remember when they were 35-55 dollars, but then I also remember when batteries were $38 and regular gas was $0.84.....I think I'm getting old?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019

Street Build 3K  10  9

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.476 @ 105.48 · 1G DSM