The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Boost gauge installed, got a question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangan

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2002
Wichita, Kansas
Okies,
I taped the line as shown in the VFAQ for my Autometer boost gauge. so far so good... All I have right at the moment are free mods and a K&N and when I boost it my factory gauge reads about 7 psi now at full bost, (it would read about 10 psi before) while at the same time the Autometer reads about 2 psi less. IE 7 psi stock gauge = 6psi Autometer. and it seems like I have to really be on it pretty hard to get the gauge to start reading. is this normal?

While I know that the factory gauge is inacurate it seems odd to me that it would read more than what the car is making. I would have thought the opposite. My MBC is waiting to be installed untill I have a little more insight on this. Any help would be very welcome as im dying to install the boost controller.

It's not a matter of inaccuracy. The factory "boost" gauge only interpolates approximately what the boost should be according to a lookup table which factors in air temperature, engine temperature, throttle position, engine speed, and I don't know what all else. It doesn't sample the manifold pressure at all. Disregard its markings.

could it be the tube going to youre gauge is loose or does not have a tight enough fit and is leaking air, causing a wrong reading?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back