The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Boost controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrdrew5

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2009
jacksonville, Florida
So which kinda boost controller should get, of course I was thinking about aem true boost, but the whole duty cycle thing confuses me, so any other options, and why manual or electronic what's the pros and the cons of both,??

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

First off, I used tapatalk on my droid and hated it. Load times were faster on the internet, and it was easier to use the full site.

Second, I run a NXS manual boost gauge. It was $20 on ebay, and the guarantee it. Obviously if you have the money a profec B or other sort of electronic controller would be much more accurate. Mine works good for what I use it for. Its a dd, and the 14b has the stock actuator which pushes 9-10 psi...I'm running 14psi solid right now, and plan to run closer to 18psi once I upgrade fuel system.

I would recommend the NXS unit as a basic means of boost control. However I wouldn't mind having an electronic unit that beeps at you when you over boost or spike.

It depends on how much you wantto spend and if you want a manual or electronic boost controller. Halman is considered the best manual controller but you pay for a name as well. I run a Joe P inline mbc

go with a decent boost gauge and a hallman mbc, and your set. its a good combo that i know lots of people use.

also, try doing some research! i just seen a few grear threads at the bottom of the page that would have helped you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AEM tru-boost is in my book the best bank for the buck EBC. I like hallman MBC, only because before this new relase through dsmlink we had to run a mbc with the fuel pressure selinoid to get a dual stadge. But now we have boost by gear with the link so no need for crazyness.

ALL in ALL EBC's are the way to go. Even more so when your fwd.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back