The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

blower motor increases with engine rpm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknorth11

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2005
Grand Blanc, Michigan
When my RPMs increase, my blower motor gets stronger. When my RPMs decrease, the blower motor gets weaker. It's extremely noticeable. I'm inclined to think it's an alternator or battery issue, and I'm planning on taking it up to autozone this week to have those things tested, but I was hoping you guys might have some additional ideas I can look in to just in case.

Sounds like an alternator to me, mine does the same thing and my alternator is bad. Didn't do it before either.

Yeah, take it to AZ to start. Have them check the charging system. Check the belt too. Make sure its tight.

Turn some of the electronics on(defroster, radio, etc) and see if it effects the power output at idle.

I call it a weak battery ( or, bad and/or dirty connections) since the ALT has to keep charging it all the time. If so, that weak battery will take out the ALT and you'll then have two bills on your hands.

perhaps it's some kind of voltage regulator? Had something similar to this happening on a mercury cougar my brother owned...turned out that it was some type of voltage regulator that was allowing too much of the current from the alternator through to the blower motor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back