The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Best place for catch can fittings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeb

Proven Member
Apr 6, 2016
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hey guys I did a search and found a few similar topics like size and type etc, but couldn't find anything on best placement. (For street and strip setup, 550-600hp)

I've read before, but I can't find it now, that it's best to have both of the fittings on the back of valve cover for drag setups because of heavy acceleration driving the oil to the back of the valve cover, but I don't know if that's the best I never saw it done that way.

The two most popular ways I have seen it done, are..
(Pic1 unpainted valve cover. I didn't draw the stuff on the pic..)
-One out of the left side (breather) and one out of the back side (pcv)..
An
(Pic2 black valve cover)
-Both comming out of the top of the valve cover, One top/front-pointing <<left<< and one top/rear-also pointing <<left<<
..that's if your standing in front of the car, facing it.

What would be the best way? One of these? Or another way? Any info would help before I buy the rest of my fittings.

Thanks guys.
Pics help also, btw.

Attachments

• 2rqiw0m.jpg
    2rqiw0m.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 133
  • SSPX0130.jpg
    SSPX0130.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 127
For moderator.

I did not mean to post this in the nitrous section. Please move it if possible, or I'll just erase and redo it if that's easier...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back