The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Best fmic for the buck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5280z

Probationary Member
Jun 29, 2004
Aurora, Colorado
Im looking to upgrade my stock sm. Do i need a fmic or can i get a big sm? i have my mods listed. Im just heatsoaking that lil sm which is causing high knock.

If you dont plan on getting a bigger turbo than the evo3, then I would suggest the supra mkiv smic. Its cheap, flows well and effectively controls knock. I was able to run 18 psi on my sbr 2g20g with no knock.

I honestly love my SBR kit and wouldn't go any other way. 799 for street kit and 829 for the racecore. I have the racecore and its plenty large. The cooler bolts up real easy and the inlets/outlets go through the radiator support easily. Not to mention Tbolt clamps and nice couplers. I would #### the bullshit and cough the extra 100-200$ and buy one of their kits. Youll never need another intercooler.

Thnx SBR

DsMWookie said:
I honestly love my SBR kit and wouldn't go any other way. 799 for street kit and 829 for the racecore. I have the racecore and its plenty large. The cooler bolts up real easy and the inlets/outlets go through the radiator support easily. Not to mention Tbolt clamps and nice couplers. I would #### the bullshit and cough the extra 100-200$ and buy one of their kits. Youll never need another intercooler.

Thnx SBR
Bang for buck. See thread title.

The SBR kit is definitley the best bang for the buck out there IMO. Its huge but i wouldnt recommend it to anyone running something smaller than a 20g.

Just dont even bother with a Greddy one.

You guys don't seem to understand what "bang for buck" means.

The best bang for buck would be something like a NPR FMIC for a hundred bucks and 50 dollars of mandrel bent piping.

Best performance for the money is what it means.

What your describing lacks the "best bang" part but definitley you got the buck down..

Eclipsei95cl said:
Best performance for the money is what it means.

What your describing lacks the "best bang" part but definitley you got the buck down..
There is no lack of bang. The intercooler I suggested is amazing for the price.

A pipe is well, a pipe.

If you want to go with a fmic, make your own. You save a lot of money that way. I bought this intercooler for $320 about 2 months ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7954914751&category=33742&sspagename=WDVW

I made my own piping for $80 (pipes, tbolt clamps, hoses ect.). After shipping costs and miscellaneous parts, I spent in the ballpark of $450 - 500. Not to bad for a spearco fmic. If this is out of you range (the cost of these cores is going up), look into the johnny racecar fmic.

On a side note, does anyone know what core the SBR kit uses?

looks like im going with the sbr. thanks guys.

Well I know the best bang for the buck...being that I went through 3intercoolers and never was happy with shitty looking piping or the way the pipes were routed. So i ended up spending all that money just to have to do it over again. Where as if I just spent a little money to begin with I would'a been done with it and nothing more said about it. Being that I value my time I figure this is the best bang for the buck. 799$shipped for an intercooler all pipes couplers (that dont blow up) and tbolt clamps that dont pop off is well worth it.

stop hating :thumb:

I just bought a intercooler from thsi guy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=33742&item=7956951048&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

it looks nice, its bar and plate and its cheap.

I bought 6 turbo coulpings with t clamps.

i bought 5 u bends to do the piping but my junk yard welder could not figure out the u bends so he just press bent 2.5 piping looks like shit but atleast i have the routing doe ill just redo the piping later.

i love it.

i ordered my slowboy fmic. they said 2 weeks before they can ship it. the name fits em. SLOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back