The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Best bang for buck 3" exhaust, Help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmpwr

Probationary Member
Jun 26, 2002
NYC
I know it has been probably been posted before , but I am having difficulty choosing a 3" for my TSI. Really don't want to spend $600 for a Thermal but I hear they are among the best. Looking for deep sound. Any suggestion welcomed. Please HELP!! :( Thankz

I just put a 3" from DSMotorsports on. It has a very nice deep tone and i paid like $900 for the full turbo back including o2 housing. The muffler is a magnaflow.

122 Performance. Andy Beachly makes some awesome products.

I think his AWD 3" mandrel turboback is 550 1g and 2g or so.

www.122performance.com

Nate at DS Motorsport has some awesome stuff too.

i had the greddy PE exaust and when i realized that it was less than 2.5 inches i had a local muffler shop make me a 3 inch stainless exaust for $250 keeping the greddy muffler. if you can find a local guy with a good rep. get him to make you one and use any muffler you want. just make sure he uses 304 stainless, manderal bends, and 3" piping.

Originally posted by str8ballin
I think www.rnrracing.com

$650 shipped for a 3" turbo back o2 housing eliminator exhaust. That includes downpipe, test pipe, and catback.

I really like what I saw at the RNR web site. The prices and quality looked very good. How do you like your system and would you recomend it?

Thanks for the link str8ballin. Sounds like an awesome deal. Looks like I will be broke again when I place my order on tuesday:)

Hey InFlames do you know if you can get that turbo back vrs exhaust from DSM motorsports with a cat? I only saw the test pipe as a option.

Actually, i don't think that they offer cats on their exhaust systems. But if you really want the vrs system, you could just buy a cat from somwhere else with a 3" (2 bolt) flange on either side.

Thats kinda weird that a cat isnt even an option. I would think a lot more people would buy them if you could get a cat.

How about just going to your local corner store exhaust shop and have them bend you up a 3" pressbent system? 99% of the people here aren't gonna make enough power to cause a 3" pressbent system to become a restriction. Hell, 3" pb outflows 2.5" mandrel, and 2.5" mandrel has gone lo-lo 11's.
I paid $240 for my 3" cat-back system, and that includes a muffler and installation. Add another $150 or so for a 3" dp, and you just spent less than $400 for a full 3" turbo-back system. So what if you didn't get a shiny SS system. Mild steel will last a good 5-7 yrs, even in the harshest of midwest winters. As for the shiny SS factor, who the hell looks/sees ANYTHING under the car.
If you are worried about the bling-bling factor, then go spend $900 on a system. If you wanna go fast the DSM way, spend $400 at your local exhaust shop.

Mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back