The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Best bang for buck EvoIII 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyke169

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2003
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
hope this isn't too much of a newbie question and if it is flame away. But what EvoIII 16g is the best bang for the buck? I don't want anything too cheap or anything over the top, just like I said best bang for the buck.

There are many types of 16g's but there is only one evoIII 16g. There aren't really any cheap or over the top offerings. The reason why you see differences in pricing is due to the extent of porting, flapper modding, and clipping. Many shops can be found with their own special blend evoIII 16g and most are competitively priced.

from what ive hurd in the other forums, evo III is the way to go man from SBR www.slowboyracing.com they will hook you up man, an evo III turbo can make you run 11's with the right setup, I would recomend getting your O2 housing ported and the wastgate ported and also the turbine housing. but yes very a very good turbo

if you want best bang for buck it'd be the 14b... 450 cfm for only 100-150 here on traders :)

but i'd suggest going evo 3 b16g. bigger comp wheel and lighter housing. get it ported with a 34 mm flapper and install kit and you're good to go :thumb:

I bought my turbo from slow boy racing. evo III b16g ported with 34 mm flapper for 680 shipped ;) i'd recommend SBR and others swear by forced performance

yeah I know the different 16g turbos. I had just noticed that all places have different prices for the evoIII 16g and was wondering what made the price so different at different places. Is it all in the porting and wastegate flapper? or do some places evoIII 16g's have better center cartridges than others? I have checked out SB before and the did look pretty good, mostly because what they have on thier site, they explain and show better than others do the difference in the 16g turbos rather than simply saying the evoIII is bigger than the big 16g. so the main question I have is, putting the porting and wastegate flapper issue aside, is the center cartrage the same on all? if not who has a 360degree journal vs the 270degree journal. thanks for your help guys :thumb:

I would think that the PTE 50 Trim would be the best bang for the buck... :confused:

SexyDSM95 said:
I would think that the PTE 50 Trim would be the best bang for the buck... :confused:

in most cases yes, but i believe he wanted a budget turbo, which a 50 trim [ or any variation is not ]

but yea, if I had to do it all over , i'd go with a 50 trim :cry:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back