The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Been around just never introduced myself

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechreatalon

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2009
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Hello everyone! My name is Tony. I'm 29 yrs old and live in Lake County. I signed onto tuners years ago, just never got around to introducing myself until now. I currently own a 96, 97, and a 95 Eagle Talon. Well, for me it all started back in 2002 when I purchased my first DSM. It was a 95 grey Eagle Talon ESI 5spd. It was my daily for a few years and ofcourse it had its issues. I blame them on the previous owner. Before I this vehicle I had no clue as to what an Eagle Talon or Eclipse was. My whole train of thought was set on muscle cars. As the year went by I learned the fact that these vehicle were equipt with a turbo and all-wheel drive. That definitely caught my interest. The reality of my Talon not being one of the turbo awd models was a bummer :(. I soon saved up my money and bought myself a 1989Red Toyota Supra Turbo 5spd Targa top. It was fun for a while, but soon enough I found my Black Beauty. With fall right around the corner one day back in September of 2006 I found her. A 1996 Black Eagle Talon Turbo AWD with leather interior and a sunroof. I was happy! Like everyone on here, I have spent a lot of time and money on my car. Though I did not jump ahead of myself and just go all out and crazy with modifiying. I took small steps and did a little bit here and a little bit there. Then it was all taken away in August of 2012. I had just done a lot of work to her over winter, the engine was barely broken in when an idiot decided to turn right into my car and smashed the whole driverside corner :cry:. Which leads me where I am today. I took a trip out to Virginia, my girlfriend and I, back in September of 2012 to pick up a 1995 Black Eagle Talon TSI AWD no sunroof and no leather interior. Which is all fine with me. I am currently in process of swapping all my work from the 96 over to the 95. The insurance company called my 96 totaled. My sister currently drives my 95 ESI, its hers now. I daily drive a 97 ESi automatic that I bought back in May of 2012 with only 46,000 miles. I love these cars, I dont like it when people reference any negativity about our cars as being DSM, that term to me means Ricer. That's the way I see it, and those people are out there(ignorant). I research the work I want to do and make sure I do my best at it. I respect my car, myself, and all those other people who strive to do things right when it comes to their vehicles. I am proud to be a DSM owner, and am glad that other people exist with the same feelings I have about our cars. Even though the day will come when I have to send my 96 shell to scrap, I know I wont want to let go. Anyway, I have found much information on tuners that I have put to well use. Thank you to everyone that have contributed to the Forum and I hope I will be able to do the same.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back