The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Balance Shaft Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stock94talon

Probationary Member
Oct 23, 2005
Fargo, North_Dakota
Hello. I am currently working on a 1992 Talon TSi. The balance shafts went out on my motor that i am trying to put into my shell. They were eating away at the block and the eliminator bearings will no longer fit. I have been told that this motor is now ruined, or at least needs a lot of work ( more then i can afford ) because it will now lose to much oil pressure through the holes in the block. However i have also been told that the lost oil will simply return to the oil pan and be pumped back into circulation. I have quite a bit of money invested into this car so far so if anyone has seen this before or knows how this problem may be corrected it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

I dont know what you could use to plug the holes with but if they arent plugged up, you will lose oil pressure; which you do not want.

Try oversized berings and just make sure that the oil holes don't lining up. When I called mistu for mine they asked me if I need oversized so check it out.

Um.... "oversize" bearings are smaller on the inner diameter. They're meant to install in the factory bore.
If the block is that chewed-up, you may need another. See if your machinist can seal that oil passage.
The rear is fed by the balance shaft, the front has a passage you can run a screw through. No, you cannot just "let them drain", as the volume is too great. Do not listen to another thing that person tells you.

Hey, thanks for the help so far. Does anyone know where these bearing can be purchased or ordered? If so that would be great. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back