The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G AWD Spyder conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody213

Probationary Member
Apr 8, 2018
Portsmouth, Virginia
So I am just getting into DSM. I have been reading up on making an AWD Spyder. It seems everyone puts the AWD subframe on a spyder. I'm guessing there's a reason why you wouldn't just slap a Spyder body on a GSX, but I was wondering what it was? Just more work or what?

The cars are unibody, so either way you look at it, it's the same process. Call it putting a Spyder body on gsx running gear, or swapping in a gsx subframe, it's the exact same thing.

I'll be starting mine soon hopefully, plan to document it to an extent in my build log.

As said, most cars made after the 70's dont have a body/frame that are separate pieces, and for that reason they cant be removed from each other physically, they are a one piece (uni) construction, all that you can do is swap subframe assembly's into each other.

Re read the last few posts and that's your answer.

I'll save you a lot of time and money, buy a donor awd car with good drivetrain parts and use everything off of it. I pieced my AWD swap together and I wouldn't do it again unless I got a donor car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back