The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

arp head stud question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooah

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Olathe, Kansas
Ok heres the deal, i just got a 6 bolt with a blown oil pump....so i figure to stick the 1g head on....the 6 bolt came with arp head studs and i was wondering if i could put them into the 7 bolt with 6 bolt head? ive searched and came up with nothing, i have everything else just need to know this thanks

Tevenor said:
You would have to clearance the head stud passages then it would fit.

That's good advice for getting a 7 bolt head to fit on a 6 bolt block. The way I interpreted the original post was that he was putting a 6 bolt head on a 7 bolt block.

i am putting a 6 bolt head on a 7 bolt block

If you were REALLY intent on doing it, maybe you could find a machine shop that would retap the stud holes in the block to 12mm and then use 12mm arp studs for the head. :rolleyes:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back