The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Are the Arias .40 over 8.8:1 pistons, stroker pistons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowmansdsm09

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2005
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I just bought some Arias .40 over 7-bolt pistons w/ a 8.8:1 compression.
I also just bought 1g "big" rods, thinking of buying eagles.

My question is, are these stroker pistons?
Do I need to use the 2.4l crank or can I just swap the 1g rods and Arias pistons in w/ my stock 2.0 crank?

I saw a "stroker" kit on ebay that has these same pistons except .20 over and some eagle rods... I thought its not a stroker unless you use the 4g64 crank?

http://slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=2528&mods=32-3094

That eBay link says nothing about stroker kit. Stroker pistons will have the wrist pin higher in the pistons to allow for the extra stroke of the 4g64 crank so the piston doesn't hit the head.

A 2.3L stroker is clasified with a 4G64 crank, 5.900" long rods...or 1G"big rod" length, and stroker pistons, these are special pistons used for strokers, normal pistons will not work. this is because with a 4G64 crank stock sized 2.0L pistons will stick out of the top of the block because the stroker pistons are shorter due to the added stroke from the crank. A 2.4L stroker has a 4G64 crank, special long rod stroker rods, longer then the 2.3Ls, and custom stroker pistons like the 2.3Ls. Those are probably regular pistons, unless the company you bought them off of said they were stroker pistons...and Im refering to reputable company's, not these"companies" that work on ebay alone. Also DO NOT get something as instrumental as engine internals off of EBAY, yeah sure light bulbs, stock leather seats, head lights, ect... but not something important. Go with the stroker kit from SBR I have been looking around for the best/cheapest kit, and this is it, rated up to 500hp at the crank, all the others that I have found...from reputable companies are 500+ more then this one, and they use the same set up(eagle rods, your choice of pistons, and a remaned 4G64 crank).

Dustin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back