The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

anyone have any PR FMIC install pics for 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spic21

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2010
albany, Louisiana
i just got in my FMIC kit for my 90 eagle talon. im gonna start installing today. i played with it a little bit last night and think i have basic idea of how it goes. looks like i need to loop my PS lines on one side and remove my ac line from other then cut out a little of the radiator support. also in to relocated overflow. im have a little bit of a hard time figuring how the FM installs though. ive read lots and lots of forums on here about the install. im was wondering if anyone had pics of the cuts they made and how they mounted the front mount. as well as any other pics. i found a 2g install pics but they dont really help. i also read where PR sent someone instructions for this install. i sent PR an email and PM him, but havent heard anything yet. so i was wondering if anyone had these instructions and could send them to me.

i will be taking lots of pic though the whole process so i can make a post on step by step of how i did it. may even do some videos. maybe this will help other on there 1g PR FMIC install. almost all the post i read where pretty old. i read that the kit has change a few things over the years so maybe it will help there as well.

i just got instructions in my email. with some good pics. but more wont hurt some feel fee to send em. tx.

and tx PR for send instructions

hey, I was wondering how your install went. Looking to buy a FMIC soon, and looking into the install process. and how are you liking the punishment racing kit?

It wasn't to bad. Had to do everything that first post said. Cutting the bumper sucked. Thank god I have a cutting torch. There are a bunch of brackets inside the bumper u can't see. Had to cut more than i thought of raditor brac too. I have pic of whole thing I'm gonna start posting there pretty soon. I'm trying to get the bung welded in throttle body elbow for my iat sensor then it done. J pipe kind of sucks but I made it work. All in all I'd said it's pretty easy if you have any mechanical no how. And it look sweet

alright thanks. just looking into peoples installs and thoughts, cause i'm trying to decide between the punishment racing kit or the vrsf one

alright thanks. just looking into peoples installs and thoughts, cause i'm trying to decide between the punishment racing kit or the vrsf one

I think there prob about the same. I did a lot of research about both when it came down to it I went with PR just because I like looks little better and think it was like an inch bigger. Can tell u PR had good customers service. I email in morning for instruction and had them printed before I left work that day.

I use to have this kit on my 1g, very nice fmic quality is good.

I have a writeup tutorial from the originator/maker of this kit, "LaN". If you need it, shoot me a pm with your email I'd be happy to send it to you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back