The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Another BOMB 60ft

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20psimitsu

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 22, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
Went back out to the track for some test n tune but, had some issues @ 6k and up.
Also I might add, it was on street tires.:sneaky:

1.4588 ------- 60 FT
8.1378 ------- 1/8 ET
82.43 ------- 1/8 MPH
12.978 ------- 1/4 ET
102.37 ------- 1/4 MPH

I broke the 3rd/4th shift fork on the next pass:cry: . I plan on ordering some upgrades from Shep and fixing some issues in the tune. Then I'll be back at the track for some more pulls.

Went back out to the track for some test n tune but, had some issues @ 6k and up.

1.4588 ------- 60 FT
8.1378 ------- 1/8 ET
82.43 ------- 1/8 MPH
12.978 ------- 1/4 ET
102.37 ------- 1/4 MPH

I broke the 3rd/4th shift fork on the next pass:cry: . I plan on ordering some upgrades from Shep and fixing some issues in the tune. Then I'll be back at the track for some more pulls.

Very nice! How did you launch it?

1.4588 ------- 60 FT

Do you mind tell me what tyres you are using? Also, your suspension setup?
Good time, congratulations!

I wish I had a video so I could see how it left off the line.

Do you mind tell me what tyres you are using? Also, your suspension setup?
Good time, congratulations!

I have a set of 17" 3rd gen Eclipse wheels wth the stock Goodyear tires. The suspension is quite simple......

Urethane motor mounts
Energy Suspension kit for the hole suspension
Stock springs
Stock struts in front, Tokicos in rear
Fornt and Rear stut brace

I think the best mod was solid aluminum bushings for the rear diff.

I two step the car @5700 rpm's which I have set up to build 20psi and preload set, I just let the clutch go.

I have a set of 17" 3rd gen Eclipse wheels wth the stock Goodyear tires. The suspension is quite simple......

Urethane motor mounts
Energy Suspension kit for the hole suspension
Stock springs
Stock struts in front, Tokicos in rear
Fornt and Rear stut brace

I think the best mod was solid aluminum bushings for the rear diff.

I two step the car @5700 rpm's which I have set up to build 20psi and preload set, I just let the clutch go.

Nice time for sure, well above your final e.t. average.

Thanks for the infos!

Do you have any other similar 60's? If not I'm leaning towards a timing error...

This is a new set up which, I've been able to hit 1.6 60FT's all night long with not so great launches and at less boost. I did this with a good launch and more boost. I expect to get lower 60FT's once the slicks make it on the car.

Nice time for sure, well above your final e.t. average.

Thanks for the infos!

Thanks for the compliments, it's only gonna get better!!! I've been running the car at 18psi for the longest time now and best time has been a 12.2 @ 109. I turned the boost up to 28psi and found some issues @ 6k and above. She's getting a 2.3, some parts from Shep, and back to the dyno.

what are the mods of the car? Turbo Clutch? I looked at your profile/vehicle mods, but that time doesnt add up with the mods.

Also thinking timing error

I run a Electromotive TEC 3 for engine management and I just got rid of my ACT clutch. Now she has a SPEC stage 3+ which, works great. It's getting a Quarter Masters twin disk when the 2.3 goes in. And theres no timing error.

Mods updated!!!!!!!!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back