The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Alternate hoods for the 1Ga

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskanDsm

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
I was just curious as to what other kinds of hoods there are for the 1ga in the world outside of the stock carbon fiber style. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the one that is on there. I saw a different style for the 2ng gen and it just made me wonder. I did a google search but all I could come up with was the Carbon finber stock look. If anyone knows of any others... Lemme know!!! Thanks.

I was just curious as to what other kinds of hoods there are for the 1ga in the world outside of the stock carbon fiber style. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the one that is on there. I saw a different style for the 2ng gen and it just made me wonder. I did a google search but all I could come up with was the Carbon finber stock look. If anyone knows of any others... Lemme know!!! Thanks.

I am sure there are other styles but most DSM'rs frown on it, most of them serve little to no function. Also, if you are in a area with a lot of rain, all you will do is rust parts out quicker. I say stick with OEM and leave the crazy stuff to the honda owners.

Haha. I like the stock hood look. I was just curious if there were any others for the based on I saw a couple others types for the 2g. But I said I like my hood stock!! That doesn't mean i can't be curious...

I have not seen any . And I don't frown on what you do to your car . Also my honda has a stock hood . Funny how the Honda is always brought up .

I have not seen any . And I don't frown on what you do to your car . Also my honda has a stock hood . Funny how the Honda is always brought up .

His car, he can do as he wishes but as for Hondas, its because they are usually the ones to do it. There are so many out there that the numbers seem higher though I think the percentage is about the same with all car makes.

I know that they make an Invader style for the 1ga. I think 1quickchick is her name, but I know that she is a Mod over on Talk. She's got a very clean red 1ga, I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

EDIT: Here we go, here's a link to her thread on Talk:
1Quickchic's Ride - DSMtalk Forums

If you can weld and do some bondo you could have a scoop like mine. Here is a link on how a member made his stocker look better.

Rolled hood vent mod

In this pic it is a little dirty.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back