The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

alarm issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmdst28

10+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2009
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
after doin a rebuild on the engine i got everything back in place and hook up the battery. as i open the door usually the int lights on the mirror come on, nothing happened, the alarm didnt even sound. i then turned the key to accessories and the radio, boost gauge, and wideband all light up and run fine. heres the issue, when i turn on the headlights the stock alarm goes crazy and i have to unhook the battery to get it to stop and i have no interior lights at all or window power or door lock/unlock pwer. the hood is still off the car but even when pushing the hood plunger it still goes off until i unhook the battery. any suggestions on what the issue can be. again i have no power to interior lights, power windows, power locks and the alarm sounds when i turn on the headlights.

anyone have any suggestions???

could be that the hood plunger isnt down when you originally start it but i would leen more toward maybe a pinched wire somewere ive heard that happening when the put back in the motor and having the same issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back